View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 03:18 PM   #110
plush2
Human being with feelings

Well I tested out the same omf with the reaper_omf.dll and with EDL Convert Pro. ECP opens the omf correctly (next to a video reference mix) but it seems that reaper_omf.dll translates them correct for the first minute or so after which various tracks start to get the offset times for items very wrong. The actual positions of the items seem to be fairly close to correct but those also drift over time.

In post production we often use what is called a 2 pop which is just a single frame of 1khz sine wave that is positioned at the 2 position of the count-in for the video. Often it is added at the end as well. In this particular omf I have both. The 2 pop exists on the first two (mono) tracks and is lined up exactly at the beginning of the reaper session. At the end of the session the two pop on the first track is exactly 2.002 seconds later than it should be and on the second track it is exactly 3.003 seconds late. This is significant as the frame rate of the omf, 23.976 is what is called a 'magic number' frame rate. This means that each second in this frame rate is actually 1.001 seconds in real time. I can't really infer a reason why that is happening but I can say that track one is 48 frames late after 25:32:15 (25min, 32sec, 15frames) and track 2 is 72 frames late after 25:33:15.
plush2 is offline   Reply With Quote