View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #104
Schöpke
Human being with feelings

Default New user with a question

Hello and good morning,

this is my first post in the forum, I just discovered Reaper and have experimented with it for a couple of days now. I have been sitting over the DAW/DAW controller combination problem for quite a while now. Reaper/Faderport does look like a viable solution to me; also, Reaper is not only the most customizable, but also the most beautiful DAW out there.

I have a couple of questions for you, karbomusic: Is it possible to *scrub* with your Faderport X driver? someone in the thread said it was so. Is it maybe even possible to "fast scrub"?

Background: I'd like to record voice-overs, and I'd want the text to be in the foreground and the DAW in the background (That's why I am looking for a controller solution btw). In case of a mistake, I would scrub back a bit till silence occurs (meaning beginning of faulty sentence), then start recording from there with some additional pre-roll. With some exercise I should be able to achieve decent recordings right fast. Reaper can do this. But can this also be done with Faderport and Reaper in the background?

Best wishes and thanks for your terrific work,
Schöpke

Last edited by Schöpke; 01-16-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Schöpke is offline   Reply With Quote