View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 02:42 PM   #11624
Weston Minissali
Human being with feelings

Default Help installing CSI

Hello All,

After a back and forth with Funkybot, I was advised to send further questions to the main CSI thread. Let me know if there's a better place for this.

My system is Windows 10 and my control surface is a BCR2000.

I have downloaded a BCR file, and zon file and sysex for my bcr here:

https://siniarch.wixsite.com/csiconf...ringer-bcr2000

So far I have successfully placed the CSI folder in my reaper path and placed the reaper_csurf_integrator64.dll into my userplugins folder. When I run the action "CSI Toggle Show Input from Surfaces" a window pops up and recognizes the turning of knobs on my surface.

In prefs Control Surfaces Settings I created a surface called BCR, given it 8 channels, 8 sends and 8 fx menu. Set BCR200 for MIDI In and Out.

Under templates I selected the downloaded BCR2000.mst file but I'm confused about the *Zone Folder*.

The zone that came with the download is for FX. I'd like to start simpler and map my BCR to control volume, pan, mute play, stop etc.

Studying other .zon files, I tried making a simple file where all there was was:

Zone "Home"
UserButton1 play
ZoneEnd

I saved it as BCR.zon

When I go to Prefs > Control Surface Settings > MIDI Surface and click the Zone Folder Menu, I don't see the simple .zon file I created.

Can anyone please advise me on how to start VERY simple. Like how do I create a .Zon file that maps a single button on my BCR to trigger Play in Reaper? From there I can expand.

Thanks everyone!
-Weston

PS please let me know if you;d like to see any screenshots etc

Last edited by Weston Minissali; 11-21-2020 at 02:51 PM.
Weston Minissali is offline   Reply With Quote