View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 02:31 PM   #9889
Funkybot
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanstan View Post
Hi! I was sent in this direction in regards to FX parameter control. Specifically for the X Touch Mini on MacOS.

I can download the extension, boot up the X-Touch Mini preset, and adjust volume faders.

While there's the lil' checkbox to "auto map FX", I can't seem to get any mileage.

Is there a simple way to totally scrap the volume fader control, and have the unit only control FX parameters? Bonus points if I can get the lil' buttons to trigger "SWS/S&M: Float FX 1 for selected tracks", ect, actions.

It's hard for me to imagine this isn't a task, or route someone else has gone down - though a quick thread search had varied results.

Any insight appreciated! Thanks!
What you're asking is doable but you'll need to create some fx.zon files. Nothing gets "auto-mapped" the way you're thinking of. You need to tell CSI "this button will control this fx parameter, that knob will control that fx parameter." You also have to tell CSI when to map the FX? Do you want to map the FX when the track is selected, or when the plugin GUI is in focus?

In terms of not using any controls on the surface for anything other than FX, that's no problem either. Just find the X-touchMini.zon file (or whatever it's called) and clear out the widget/action assignments. If you want to trigger a Reaper action from your device, you can absolutely do that, including SWS actions.

Take a look at some fx.zon examples, check out the wiki, and begin experimenting. If you have specific questions, post back here with what you're trying to do, and include sample text from the .zon file and we'll help you get up and running.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote