View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #2
Tod
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicaguy1 View Post
I've been playing around with my UX2, the different settings, Gearbox, and S Gear. And my Fender Mustang 1. When I record in Reaper, I found that my amp has the best tone when it comes to trying metal. I do have a question for the metalheads out there who record. How do you make metal sound "cleaner?" Mine just sounds so fuzzy--especially when I play power chords. Single chords, a little, but anything more than one string and it's too much. It loses quality and sound in the process. If I decrease the gain, it doesn't sound much like metal anymore but more like crunchy clean tone. I don't know what it could be. I was just kind of curious about this.
Hi metallicaguy1, I'm somewhat surprised by your question but I think it's a good one. I'm not sure what you mean by power chords but basically I've always hated the sound of distorted chords. Using the 1 & 5 (is that what you mean by power chord?) with distortion is okay and can even sound good, but more notes than that is usually pretty awful.

Keep in mind that I'm an old fart and that's just my own personal opinion.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote