View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #120
medicine tactic
Human being with feelings

I don't have much time, but here are some quick thoughts:

First of all, thanks for all your hard work, and all the promising new stuff; And thanks for the tiny items bugfix!

I love pasting events into the arrange view. It's a great way to fork off chunks of events without having to perform item surgery.

I tentatively like the selector lane a lot. I can see how the filter's vertical track list and the horizontal selector lane form a Cartesian-ish addressing system for selecting and activating items. I'd like the UI to make it more apparent that the two are intended to be used in conjunction like that, whatever that comes to mean. And vertical zoom and mouse scrolling in the selector lane would be much appreciated, too.

The selector lane is a place to hang *tons* of functionality off of. It sort of turns REAPER inside out, emphasizing the ME and marginalizing the arrange view, making it much easier to live in the ME. Serious workflow potential.

Although, while I like the idea of generic lanes that can do lots of different stuff (psst, automation! lane-sets!), I'm not sure if a CC-type lane is the right final home for the selector lane.

Thanks again. More soon.

Last edited by medicine tactic; 12-06-2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: navigator -> selector
medicine tactic is offline   Reply With Quote