View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 09:19 AM   #49
maxdis
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by FnA View Post
I don't really want content moving when adjusting the barlines. Seems like it's working like that now(edit-in pre 5c). I can venture that some might wish to use time sigs to create rhythmic effects, but other than possibly maxdis' post a few back, I haven't really seen anyone asking for that.
I don't know if we are talking about the same thing, but I feel that adding and removing spaces is exactly as it should work; if I change a measure from 4/4 to 6/4 in a given musical piece, I'm expecting that all the content after that will shift later by 2/4. This is not a rhythmic effect, but a basic music rhythm behaviour. If you take a notation editor software, and change a measure tim sig from 4/4 to 6/4, the software will add a 2/4 rest before the end of that measure.
Of course the new space should add perfectly to the misure new lenght: in Justin example, it seems to work perfectly on the 4/4 to 9/8 change, because a 1/8 space is added, but in the other ones the space added is way too much...

Anyway, if people prefer to have no space added/removed on time changes, at least let's make it optional for those of us who prefer to have it working in the way notation software does.
maxdis is offline   Reply With Quote