Thread: ReaConsole
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 06:53 PM   #45
darjama
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws View Post
If you're talking about a specific command, e.g. "c red" to be bound to Alt-R, no that's not possible at the moment. I would welcome suggestions how that could be implemented -- maybe a window "Open Custom ReaConsole Actions", with a list of say 10 commands? Those commands would correspond to 10 new actions "SWS: Run custom ReaConsole action 1..10" Is this kinda what you're looking for?

Otherwise, the action "SWS: Open console and copy keystroke" may be of use. For example, bind it to I; when you press the I key ReaConsole will open with the letter i already copied in.
Thanks for the quick word back. Basically what I'm looking to do is to have ReaGate control track selection. So I was hoping to have a MIDI command trigger reaconsole comand "+s1" and the closing the midi gate trigger "-s1".

It would probably be easier to program this separately instead of coming up with a way to do preset reaconsole commands (I'd need a lot of presets). My programming skills are next to nonexistent, so I couldn't offer up any suggestions to make this work. There isn't any kind of Reaper Extension Programming for Mental Patients in Near Vegatative States tutorial, is there?
darjama is offline   Reply With Quote