View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
gofer
-blänk-

It is v4.30, right?

I have a song mapped by tempo markers on every beat, so there is really a whole lot of them with the oddest tempo values. As far as I can see "Remove contents of time selection (moving later items)" gives me the expected result, although it's a bit hard to verify because the ruler is behaving a bit odd displaying many [nn.n.98] values where there should be [nn.(n+1).00]. I have to zoom further in than I'd like to see round measures on the ruler... But (assuming none of them slipped past my judgment), other than yours my tempo markers are all exactly where they should be.

Shouldn't there be a view showing tempo markers and/or time sig markers in a list? Similar to the region/marker manager? Surely would have helped me verifying the positions (as would a better ruler display behavior).

I think, the best would be to upload the problem project saved at the state before the measures get deleted. Without audio - actually I think you could even delete the tracks. Of interest for troubleshooting will probably be mostly the tempo map, the time selection and the project settings.
I suspect a rounding error case, it will be good to give the devs some concrete numbers to crunch, I guess

On a side note: Trying this I noticed that the time selection display in the transport was not behaving well. I had a proper readout before triggering the remove contents command [1.1.00], [9.1.00], [8.1.00]. I expect that after the remove contents function I'd get a time selection length of zero, as the time selection gets removed together with its content. Instead what I got was a readout for a zombie selection: [1.1.00], [9.1.01], [8.0.01] (also note the weird .01 values).
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote