View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 05:13 PM   #4246
lb0
Human being with feelings

Another feature I forgot about I added a week or so back was the default plugin strip.

Say like me - you have old projects or even new ones but added plugins via the mixer that don't appear in Stripper. Well - for single plugin strips - you can set a default strip for that plugin (only works for strips containing a single plugin thus far).

So now you can right-click on the plugin name in the list in FX EDIT mode - and it will allow you to drag in the strip that's been set as default for that plugin - but it just connects to the already existing plugin instead of loading a new one.

To set a strip as default for a particular plugin - just right-click the strip name (in the strips list in STRIP EDIT mode) and choose the new option at the bottom. It will tell you if the strip isn't suitable (if it contains more than one plugin).

So this makes it easier if the plugin is already loaded in the track to add it to Stripper. The best way before to do it was to drag the strip in and then reassign the controls and deleting the newly loaded plugin - but this way is quicker and easier.

Of course I've thought about doing similar for multi plugin strips - but this is somewhat more complex so maybe a project for the future... So for now - if you find yourself in this situation - you will still have to do the manual reassignment of the plugins as before.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote