View Single Post
Old 06-06-2020, 01:08 AM   #352
ivansc
Human being with feelings

Default Happy Birthday to me & a REMINDER

After a long period of "the dog ate my homework" etc., dont forget you can all hear some of what I have been working on since last August on cambridge105.co.uk this afternoon between 4 and 5 pm, GMT. Sorry I cant get closer than that to thte time but it is a one hour segment of an all day broadcast of a virtual Strawberry Fair festival, which should have been going on all day today. Everyone booked to play the festival was asked to contribute a couple of tracks for the show, which I did.

Listen out for Skivin` Ivan & The Slackers playing "Mama`s in control tonight" and The "I`ve got the take me down to LOndon in your Morris Thousand Traveller" blues.... One of them I wrote recently & the other waaay back in the 1970s. And on that second one, bass player is Lee Cave-Berry who was co-bassist with me in my band Blotto at the time I wrote the song & her husband, Kim Rew, who is an old pal & a great guitarist.

EDIT:

Ah well.... the Kim & Lee track got cut due to overrunning but at least Mamas in control tonight sounded OK & went down very well. The introductions and between-songs banter between my bass player & Justine, landlady of the Flying Pig pub, was hilarious!

Last edited by ivansc; 06-06-2020 at 12:16 PM.