View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 07:59 PM   #3
WorkInProgress23
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
A few things you can try:

Track with few or no fx. Remove/disable fx on the master chain especially. Cpu intensive or fx with a large pdc buffer can cause such dropouts (Check the performance meter window for details). A trick you can do to quickly reduce cpu in a heavy project when you need to do some more recording is send all the existing tracks to a subproject. This gives you a rendered audio file for the whole project to work with, and you can simply double click it to re-enter the project for further editing. It's like track-freeze for your whole project.

Raise the buffer/latency size in your audio device control panel (accessed in preferences/audio/device/asio config button)

Disable anti-virus while tracking. Real-time antivirus can interfere with recording, as it tries to access, scan and even block the newly created files.

Hello, Asteria. Thank you for the suggestions.

During my most recent tracking session, I had only 7 tracks (recording 5 drum tracks at a time with 1 track playing back). Should I attempt to recreate the crash with even fewer tracks? I only ask because I previously have been able to record in projects that contained a few dozen tracks with no issue.

I also keep real-time disabled for my anti-virus usually, and disable entirely during tracking.

I'm not sure I fully understand your sub-projects suggestion, but it sounds very helpful! I'll look into that more. I'll also try raising the buffer/latency and attempt tracking again
WorkInProgress23 is offline   Reply With Quote