View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 07:52 PM   #4
norelpref
Human being with feelings

Default Virtual Band Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerqueen
Wow, I totally dig that funkdawgs stuff!

I'd certainly be interested in any collaberation. ThougI won't be able to do anything in the next week or two (as I have exams, and both my guitars are out of action until I get some new strings!)
I play guitar and keys. (Got a few decent B3, Clavinet, Rhodes etc software emulators.)
I also play trombone, which is my main instrument. (Though I have no decent mike to record it with ATM- could get one if I need one.)
What sort of style are you thinking of? Funky stuff like funkdawgs? I'm mostly into the jazz/funk/fusion stuff, but I'll happily do stuff like rock too.
I appreciate your comments and questions. I too am a "multi" instrumentalist, although guitar is my main squeeze. I've got an electronic drum kit, guitar synthesizer, bass and a shitload of software, plugins and so on.

As for choice of music, I also lean towards jazz/funk/fusion and am especially interested in doing stuff similar to Herbie Hancock with Headhunters and Tony Williams "Lifetime." Kind of a mix of groove/funk with some sonic exploration. But I like a large variety of music, from avant garde classical to ambient and zydeco and blues, etc.

I'll watch this thread and see how many folks we get interested, and then how many "committed." I'm sure like myself, most of us lead busy lives, what with dayjobs, school and projects, etc. So I don't want to setup some kind of rigid timeline, though it would be very cool to have a CD by this time next year (or before the end of this one, if we get ambitious enough).

Once enough people express an interest in the project, we can work out the logistics--what kind of hardware/software everyone has; how we want to distribute the tracks, formats and all that.

I think this could be really exciting. I would think of this as a slower, more "goal" oriented ninjam. ;-)

Last edited by norelpref; 06-07-2006 at 07:54 PM.
norelpref is offline   Reply With Quote