View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 10:30 PM   #3354
Vladistone
Human being with feelings

Default interception of hidden DAW events

Hi there!
Tell me, are there any ways of realearn or tools for intercepting hidden DAW events that the reaper receives/sends to the MCU controller?
but are not captured by normal tools such as the MIDI monitor app?

for group buttons MCU w/functions feedback such as:
- Shift, Option, Control, Alt (not to be confused with ASCII-keystroke)
- Escape, Enter, Undo
- Global, User, Groupe e t.c.

the first example that I paid attention to is the UNDO button, which receives a signal for any change in the FX parameter

My idea is that there are GUI events ( such for "Compare" button) that don't send messages to external controllers, but it's possible to track them! but costly because:
Changing of state cannot be used as a trigger unless the state generates an event. But to continuously poll and application's state would be prohibitively expensive in CPU and battery.

So, If by receiving events for the UNDO button - then it is possible to use it as a trigger to record initiator of the another event (for example: "Compare" button)!

NOTE:

I immediately dissect the arguments on the account of the fact that:
"there are the UNDO / REDO or ⌘ + Z / ⇧ + ⌘ + Z keystroke - have to use for these purposes!"

the answer is obvious:
there can be many manipulations in the change chain when adjusting the FX parameters, and the "compare" button manipulates all of them at one click.
"bypass" has other restrictions on starting or turning off FX in real time.

Last edited by Vladistone; 03-22-2023 at 11:15 PM.
Vladistone is offline   Reply With Quote