View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 10:32 AM   #55
Magicbuss
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Well now we are up to two strikes, because if I'm reducing volume, I want the highs to tuck just a bit, this actually works in ones favor much of the time in getting things out of the way YMMV. I put treble bleed circuits in my guitars when I was younger, then years later ripped them all out.

It may be semantics but I'd word it the other way, the fuzz doesn't have a sufficient hi-z input so it loads down the guitar (where other pedals have buffers to present hi-z) - when passive, it's also not necessarily bad to say the guitar and the fuzz together comprise the circuit.
Yup. I agree with your more technical description of the guitar > fuzz circuit.

To me the passive treble rolloff is WAY more than a little bit. To my ears It goes from clear to mud and I cant stand that. Of course with a fuzz face its a moot point as part of the magic is that it keeps the high end intact when you roll back. But if youre going straight to the amp or any other non fuzz pedal the treble dies as you roll back. Most of my guitars have treble bleeds.

If you want that treble rolloff then the your best bet are the zexcoils as they are passive and sound fantastic. The one drawback for me with the zexcoils is that they don't look traditional (more like emg or lace sensors).
Magicbuss is offline   Reply With Quote