Thread: MIDI CC Editing
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 09:02 PM   #95
the brok
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandango View Post
Because we're old, brok. We remember the good old days. The golden age of CC editing...
ahhh, don`t remind me, i just got 40 ... and suddenly less hair!? :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandango View Post
At this stage, I think the best one can hope for is some sort of envelope-based system as shown in your other topic (FL automation clip), but this has it's own problems with regard to accurate MIDI file import and export. (unless MIDI file CC data is imported into an envelope where each node is a "Jump" node, I guess) It would also handle the rubber-band view nicely as well (so you can see what CC is in place several measures afterwards).
well, you`re right with the import thing, though that could be done the "old" bargraph way, i wouldn`t drop that, it has its uses, like i said in my first post ... but that rubberband way is prefered when it comes to drawing automation ... you have to see thatone in studio one, they actually don`t use midi data (if the cc is sent to avst/i), and it`s accurate as hell ... the new, upcoming version (1.1) allows for manually adjusting the curves, too ... cc-editing heaven ...
the brok is offline   Reply With Quote