View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 04:42 PM   #1
Jeeves
Human being with feelings

Default Zero size .wav files

I've used Reaper happily for a few years now, but now I need help, or need to report a bug.

Last week, I used Reaper to record a multi track concert performance. I recorded the rehearsal (as I usually do for backup), then the live performance. When I came to edit the show, I found some of the .wav files have a zero size. The rehearsal was perfect, but the start of the live show was lost.

In detail, I was recording two stereo tracks at 96k to an external USB drive from a Windows 10 laptop using Reaper v5.79/x64 and Dante Virtual Sound Card, a configuration that has worked flawlessly for over 2 years.

There were no error messages, or any other indication that there was a problem. As indicated above, the rehearsal recording was fine. The concert recording ran for about 75 minutes, so a new file was created approximately every 31 minutes.

However, the first 3 files of the recording ended up with a size of zero, two from one track and one from the other. The later files are fine.

Has anyone come across this situation before? Maybe there is a problem with the drive...

I have another, critical recording to make tomorrow. I have replaced the USB drive, and will record to two drives from two laptops, but I would really like to know what happened last week.

Can anyone shed light on this?
Jeeves is offline   Reply With Quote