View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 12:18 AM   #27
ivansc
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by levets View Post
MIDI

support ".midi" as an importable file extension, in addition to the usual ".mid"

Not April Fools:

WTF?

Not only can no one do General MIDI correctly, but now they're making up their own filename extensions?

I had to Google it and there's very little information other than it seems to be screwing people up.

.mid is the correct file extension. If ".midi" is to ".mid" as ".aiff" is to ".aif", then people should be using the 3 letter extension to make it cross-platform compatible.

So THIS is important but being able to select sounds from the TCP isn't?

Or as mentioned above, any of the other long-standing issues?

I mean, I guess I'll go search for the thread here where 10,000 users complained that they couldn't import ".midi" files so the Devs felt the need to incorporate it.

But I haven't heard very much discussion of it here...not that I'm a long-standing member or anything, but really, come on.

It's just a tease - it's frustrating to think that someone might actually be out there listening and that things could actually be changed, and that a program so customizable would be so much easier to implement these changes in, unlike Apple or Avid.

Life was much easier when you paid a fortune for Pro Tools and you just accepted the fact that making any changes to the program simply wasn't going to happen and your input would be completely ignored. You got on with the business of making music in whatever way the program allowed.
There was a small but extremely vocal (whiney) group who "demanded" the .midi thing because - to paraphrase - Reaper was totally crap unless this was implemented NOW! My theory on this addition is that it was relatively easy too implement and the squeaky wheel syndrome finally came into play.
Now YOU need to stop whining about YOUR favourite omissions and suck it up, son!

P.S. Sadly my own whine about having hybrid stave editing got overwhelmed by the addition of full (ish) notation, but am I bitter?

Send answers wrapped in money to Ivansc, 1, Ammoneigh Avenue, Reapersville, Il BCNU