View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #5
serr
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristen View Post
I have a new minimac and use Reaper with it (same when I used it on a PC).

The minimac has Garageband 11 on it. I also spent 30 bucks for Mainstage from Apple which came with all gigs of Garageband loops. (good deal!)

I was thinking abot getting Logic Pro.
Is it really worth the 200 bucks price at Appple store?

What can it do for me that i can't do with Reaper and Garageband?
Garageband has severe restrictions built in to it. They want to stop you in your tracks as soon as you get started and need to purchase Logic Pro. Stay far away from this time waster.

Logic Pro is pretty awful IMHO. Difficult, time consuming and very unintuitive. Reaper blows it out of the water in every way (including and especially in stability).

Mainstage is a resource hog and doesn't do anything that Reaper can't. I use Reaper for live music mixing (full band production) and also for a performance rig (virtual this and that on top of mixing). Mainstage was one of the first ones I tried and the first one that didn't make the cut - by a mile. The only thing worse that I've ever tried is Ableton Crash.

Put your workflow together in Reaper and you will be way ahead of the crowd. Reaper will offer potentially higher quality sound (depends on your sources and mixing of course) as well since Logic and Mainstage are still 32bit fp mix engines vs. 64bit fp in Reaper.

Last edited by serr; 03-13-2013 at 02:19 PM.
serr is offline   Reply With Quote