View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 01:56 PM   #97
dixo
Human being with feelings

I just started dabbling with oscii-bot. I am interested in getting a BCR2000 to work as a dedicated plugin parameter interface, with working parameter feedback. I envision the BCR to have a static layout with controls for my favorite plugins (e.g. EQ, Compressor, etc), and it should control the plugins of the last touched/selected track.

Using the excellent monitor script by Banned I can see what messages Reaper sends out to the control surface, and I notice that Reaper does not automatically send out the values of the plugin parameters when a different track is selected.
This means that the control surface will not synchronize its indicators (e.g. the LED rings on the BCR) and its current values to the values of the plugin until the knobs are actually turned, causing the values to jump to whatever the control surface had stored for that value.

How is this supposed to work? Should the OB script explicitly query all relevant plugin parameters when a new track is selected if that is even possible? Or is there a smarter/simpler way to get Reaper so send the current parameter values?

Maybe I am looking at this the wrong way, I have only just started looking at using OSC in Reaper.
Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited by dixo; 09-28-2014 at 02:39 PM.
dixo is offline   Reply With Quote