View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 09:11 AM   #250
AppMan
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Wow. You did it! What's your plan with the software?
Well some development costs need to be recovered if its to be released in public as I owe my project partner thousands of hours of work, so some careful considerations need to be made as what to do and how to go about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
It's crazy that this hasn't got more attention. It's big news in this topic.
Maybe nobody believes its true, maybe everyone has given up caring, i don't know.

What we have is a piece of software that runs in the background and works as a bridge between the DAW and the control surface the version demonstrated in this video uses OSC directly with Reaper, We also have a version that uses HUI which works with Pro Tools (11&12) and also both OSC and HUI versions for the Pro Control and Fader packs.

The software is not 100% perfect but its very usable.

Currently some shortfalls are:

Right now its Windows 64 bit only but if the interest can generate enough funding it could be made available for MacOS.

Meters are not accurate/fast so can only really be used as an approximation of signal.

Sometimes the counter stops working and can only be reinstated by closing and re-opening the app this can be seen in the video.

When you group multiple faders at once, the more faders grouped the more fader latency is induced which can be seen in the video. Grouping just a few faders is fine grouping 24 faders has a significant amount of lag.

The control surfaces using OSC do not behave exactly as they do within pro tools because some functions are different or do not exist so we have made what we believe to be the best use of the available functions with the buttons on the unit.

Within Pro Tools not every function is the same either because we are now using HUI which does not offer all the same functions as the original Digidesign implementation but most things work.

Most importantly faders, pans, mutes, solos, transport, automation, and most buttons all work as expected so its a very usable alternative to the current offerings ......i.e Nothing

More demo videos will be posted up just as soon as we can make them, watch this space.

Last edited by AppMan; 01-12-2018 at 10:02 AM.
AppMan is offline   Reply With Quote