View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 06:32 PM   #27
SymboliC
Human being with feelings

Hi Tod,
Instead of waiting for tomorrow, I created a quick setup...
Now, looking at this, can you tell which envelope belongs to which instrument?

Ok, say, I did PARAM ALIAS as DarkStar previously suggested... What about vertical scrollings & matching the tracks with relevant automation lanes?
And this is only consisted of 4-5 instruments with 1 parameter for each...
Think that you have 14-16 instruments in one instance of Kontakt with 2-3 parameters for each to adjust... 14*3 = 42 Automation lanes... And they all pile up under Main track... Which would cause you to keep scrolling downwards and upwards when you'd like to adjust i.e. the 7th instruments paremeters.

And to avoid this, I used you guys' way BUT with lots of steps :
* Inserting a ReaControlMIDI for each MIDI track (this alone makes 22 clicks or more)
* Defining CC numbers within Kontakt MIDI Automation panel,
* Matching correct CC numbers within each ReaControlMIDI,
etc etc...
Too many clicks
Also, if you need more than 5 parameters to be controlled per instrument, you also need to insert an additional ReaControlMIDI for that MIDI track...

But,
If we were at least able to arrange/drag those automation lanes to below their matching instrument's MIDI track everything would be solved and this would be a complete support for Host Automation, too.

This is it. I don't know if I can explain the efficiency of this better.

There is a huge exception here : As I replied your post before, if you're not tweaking anything in Kontakt instruments other than expression, volume and modulation, this whole thing will seem useless for you, which is understandable.

Cheers,