View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 04:17 PM   #369
airon
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstantin.isaev View Post
Hi all,
It would be outstanding feature to measure/fix loudness of 6 channels/items in 5.1 measurment mode, and to measure 2 channels/items in stereo mode.
We can use common standart for naming tracks to check before measurment and get it work correctly
L R C Lfe Ls Rs for 5.1 separate audio tracks
and Lt Rt for 2.o separate audio.
(It can be done by measurment of parent track/folder - right now it won't work)

Usually I have to deliver 5.1 mixes as a separate stems or even 2.0 mixes as Lt Rt tracks. Of course I have to measure/fix it's loudness before delivery.
I understand that it can be done by freezing it in to 6 ch item and measured/fixed and then expanded -> rendered - it's very time consuming aproach when you work with sound track for the movie with 120mins in length...
I know exactly what you mean. I have to deliver some mixes to Netflix soon, and I'll be doing it this way:

Render 5.1 mix to one file (LRCLfeLsRs) and the LtRt to another, both 32-bit float, keeping an instance of Youleans loudness meter on screen for each mix to measure with the appropriate standard (1770-4 in this case). Create a new session and drop in those files, normalize with the data from the Youlean loudness meters and render to the required WAV with 8 channels(5.1 + LtRt).

I can't use the current loudness measurement and normalization actions on these mixes. I do use them for practically everything I do in stereo for either TV or Blueray/DVD though.

I used to measure loudness offline with a commandline tool, but that can't use different loudness standards either.

And Nugens tool to do one file at a time costs $400. It's not faster than the SWS measurement from what I could tell. It wouldn't save me any time either. Oh well. Apparently nobody can use multiple cores to do this :P .
airon is offline   Reply With Quote