View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 12:30 PM   #29
YvesK
Human being with feelings

Same kind of problems here, but it definitely started litterally right after WIN 10's 'Creators Update' several weeks ago. After countless fruitless attempts of getting things to work, I updated Reaper v 5.23 (in use at that time) to the most recent v 5.70, which didn't bring any change at all, so 'Creator' clearly was the culprit in this case, and not Reaper.

What happened was this: when running Reaper 64-bit (which I normally use), a whole bunch of plugins - all or most of which I suspect were 32-bits - had disappeared from the FX-browser when trying to add an FX to a track. Opening a project that contains 32-bit plugins, however, does load and playback correctly with the 32-bit plugins on their tracks. I can even copy a 32-bit plugin to a new track, and even to a track in a newly created project, although after that the plugin doesn't always work or Reaper may crash.
Launching Reaper 32-bit will show all 32-bit plugins in the FX-browser as before, but again, actually inserting them on a track will not guarantee correct functioning.

An idea for a workaround failed miserably: launch Reaper 32-bit, create a bunch of track templates, each filled with a category of 32-bit FX (Reverbs, Compressors, Vst-i's, ...) and use these as an alternative FX-browser to copy & paste from into new project tracks. Creating the track templates went just fine, although it took me ages to finish! But launching Reaper 64-bit, copy & paste a 32-bit plugin from the track templates ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEES to crash Reaper. I spent a complete night relaunching 20-second long Reaper sessions trying various tricks and scenario's, but all to no avail.

I will be tied up with other things for at least a week or so, but will certainly try the tips suggested in this thread afterwards. Speaking of which, Dear Uoppi:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uoppi View Post

(...)
For example, a line that should read:

iZotope_DDLY_Dynamic_Delay.dll=007266E01D6FD101,17 67523396,iZotope DDLY Dynamic Delay (iZotope, Inc.)

is truncated to simply

iZotope_DDLY_Dynamic_Delay.dll=007266E01D6FD101
(...)

[/b]
could you explain how or where one can find out what exatcly the correct entry for a particular plugin in this file should be ?

Thx plenty, guys, for all suggestions above, and any more to follow,
Yves.
YvesK is offline   Reply With Quote