View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 05:33 AM   #24
maxdis
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post

What I showed earlier is not exactly what happens now, so for that I'll have to make new tests when I have time. As for the "bugs", I don't even know. I'm describing what I'm seeing and many times just guessing on my part if what is seen is what people really want to happen or not. There are so many options and different ways to work compared to simple things I do, I can only say x or y should not happen from my limited point of view.
I agree that in some cases it's difficult to tell if it's a bug or "by design" thing, but in some cases (for example warped items, time signature not changing when requested (I'm posting an example very soon)), it's hard for me not calling that a "bug".
Overall, I find the whole timebase concept very confusing: it could be useful for some advanced, specialized thing, but IMHO we shouldn't be supposed to change timebase settings in order to do very basics things like moving regions and changing time signature (and also after changing timebase settings, things will not behave as expected)

Quote:
I think there has been way more people complaining about Reaper timebase problems than there are actually partaking eg. here. All this is voluntary of course and I'm not pointing fingers. But maybe it's not so easy when you have to actually put things down as exactly as you can while thinking about the whole also, instead of just saying it sucks.
I totally agree. This is a rather complex issue, and it would be helpful to have more people helping with examples and reports.
maxdis is offline   Reply With Quote