View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 03:20 AM   #29
RMO
Human being with feelings

Hi all!

Allow me to wake up my thread again.
I have during the past two weeks managed to create usable results, recording my P-105 Yamaha as a Grand piano (#1) and in another track a Wood Bass (#33).
It works.

But I have been forced to use some workaround to separate the two voices from each other.
The workaround was to edit the two MIDI tracs separately in Reaper's MIDI-editor. No problem, but I had to isolate the tracks to make them keep their respective voices.
If I do not isolate them they seem to want to use the same voice.

After isolation and editing, I rendered both tracks separately in Reaper to two wave-files - which I transferred to Audacity, and made an artificial stereo-track, with piano in one channel and bass in the other. This sounds surprisingly well - kind of 50'es pingpong stereoish. But it is rather heavy-worked.

So:
Say I have a piano voice-track1
and a wood bass voice-track2
They are both listed with the correct PC# - #1 and #33 in the MIDI-editor.
Say that the piano plays alone in the intro. That is on track1. At some point the bass is beginning on track2.

At "this point" there is a little marker in the MIDI track, from when I chose the Wood Bass-voice in track2 - and after that point, *both* voices sound Wood Bass. There is no piano voice after the "point" even on track1 (where no such "point" exists). And as said: they are both listed correctly with the correct PC number.

I suppose that there should be a way of separating the "instruments" through choosing "right" channels from the beginning at the MIDI recording in Reaper.
I have played with this "Timbre" - but with no succes. I guess I don't fully understand "the tecnology" here.
I sure should greatly appreciate a little help on this tiny detail.
Which channels should I chose?

Happy summer greetings!
RMO
RMO is offline   Reply With Quote