View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 04:59 AM   #14
PVinKC
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloman View Post
I'd guess that the Groove player is boosting the signal...either there's an EQ or stereo processor active or just the nature of the player's encoding is adding levels to the signal...

Did you check your rendered track in the Loudness Penalty Analyzer? If not, try uploading the track that's rendered at -14LUFS/-1db here:

https://www.loudnesspenalty.com

...and see what their analysis shows...if you get 0.0 penalty then your render is fine and it's the Groove player that's at fault...

My track was rendered at -14LUFS/-1.5dB (in order to keep the TruePeak below -1.0) and it gets 0.0 penalty every time...

Yep...never considered the EQ and settings in Groove Player. Big thanks for the "Loudness Penalty" site link! That's exactly what I needed for confirmation.

I echoed your choice of limiting and wound up with -14.3 LUFS and -1.5 limit. I got a ZERO (actually showed up as -.-) penalty. So I believe that I'm at least where I want to be with the finished product with regard to volume which was a huge issue in the last month's contest.

I won't make the same mistakes I did last time. I intend to wait until the last minute to upload. Last time I couldn't wait to participate and wound up cutting my own throat with a rushed product. There's no time limit by which I wind up costing myself money here...so I'll take my time and get everything right. Or at least do my best and upload on the 21st or 22nd.

Last edited by PVinKC; 08-14-2019 at 05:06 AM.
PVinKC is offline   Reply With Quote