View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 08:43 AM   #2
Henshaw44
Human being with feelings

Default good mixing!

I listened to River Stop Calling - whoa that is great mixing! Well done!

The one lead guitar just seems a bit out of place - and I notice it a lot near the end when it pans slowly back and forth around 5:26 mark etc. I guess maybe it's sort of like a Leslie effect but it somehow sounds too obvious - there's probably a trick to make it more subtle... these effects are supposed to kind of hit you without you noticing them obviously. Maybe too high in the mix? Maybe some glue type compression to sit them in the sound bed more? Don't mind me - I really really love the mix and actually listened through the whole song, which doesn't always happen when people post their music...

I'm no mixing genius by any means! I love the mandolin, the acoustic, etc. everything else the vox etc sound perfect - it's almost like the one guitar part is too in the middle and fighting the bass. And it just a tiny bit that takes you out of the song.

I looked at your album credits - it was mixed and mastered at Pyramid - but you did this all in Reaper? I haven't used Reaper in ten years and am coming back into it after using other DAWs - solid solid solid solid work man. Your band has a good sound and would be popular here in Ontario, Canada - it's a little bit like our Tragically Hip and your band would do well here!

Why did you guys fold? Mend those fences - you guys have a good sound. Man up and bury the hatchet fellas - you're a good team and you make good stuff. Hope you guys keep at it! Sean, great work on the mix!
Henshaw44 is offline   Reply With Quote