View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 03:22 PM   #385
Mr. Data
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroneris View Post
Then how should it be solved...?
My idea is: let existing Get[Track/Take]EnvelopeByName() get original English envelope names (in the above example, 'Volume' will be reterned anyway) and establish new functions named Get[Track/Take]EnvelopeByLocalizedName() to get localized ones ('yo track volume トラック音量', 'yeah take volume テイク音量' or 'GLOBAL VOLUME!!').
...It's just an idea, but I hope it will help.
But this would mean a user would have to rewrite/modify his/her own scripts to get them localized correctly. To introduce extra routines to solve localizing problems that in the end do the same as already existing ones, might therefore possibly not really be the best way to go. Probably it's a better solution to modify existing functions, so that all already written scripts, using these functions, automatically would work correct in the desired language in the first place.

But I somehow doubt, that it will ever happen that all these functions which might use some (whatever) localized string(s) will be rewritten. (sigh!)

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 02-22-2018 at 03:33 PM.
Mr. Data is offline   Reply With Quote