View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 05:05 PM   #395
Mr. Data
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
BTW - a more reliable way to get an envelope by an identifier is to use GetSetMediaTrackInfo(track,"P_ENV","<VOLENV") etc.

but.. making it so that Get*EnvelopeByName() search the english names first, then the localized names (but of course programmers must use the english names if they want it to work universally).
If I get that right you make a distinction between a 'normal' user who writes scripts and a programmer like e.g. SWS or yourself. If so, this makes absolute sense to me and is what I meant actually. So, if a user uses a function that gives back a name of some knob or fader or whatever for, say, an UI, (s)he should see that name if it's localized, but internally the function surely must be handled in English to make it universal.

My point was, that a user who uses REAPER in another language as English shouldn't be forced to take care of this.

But I see that this might be a major task to achieve this and maybe it's not even important. It was just a thought.

-Data