View Single Post
Old 09-22-2022, 11:10 PM   #52
Judders
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
It's a common sentiment. OTOH there is the skeuomorphic extreme where hardware limitations are duplicated unecessarily is equally obnoxious and unusable to me.

But as an artist, it's offensive to see devaluation of actual design skills. Even if most folks seem totally unaffected.

Not to belittle your own preference; I just find this current trend epitomized by valhalla et al too much in the opposite direction. There's a balance to be had by they ain't got it. Got my money though, all the same...

Everyone's different I suppose. I like some airwindows stuff but its kept to a minimum by my inability to differentiate them in my memory.

To the degree I come to associate a pleasing interface, workflow and sound, that pretty much determines what I reach for first. valhalla's still 2 for 3 due to sheer simplicity, so they stay in rotation.
Airwindows and Valhalla are entirely different. Airwindows plugins have no design.

Valhalla Plate is a bit dull, but I feel Vintage Verb does a great job of evoking the feeling of the 3 modes with a minimum of information.

I'm interested in what you feel would improve Vintage Verb and a GUI that you would hold up as a good example of getting the balance right.
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote