View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 01:39 PM   #46
winbe
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocaro View Post
And - by the way - if you found an LA2A that is good on "master buss" ... sorry man, this plugin can`t be a LA2A. The LA2A sound is so unique, actually only usable for some specific single tracks like some vocals or Bass.
oooh I did not know. The only thing I see is that Lost Angel is fine on my master buss, and I love its simplicity. I did not get it because it is an LA2A as I don't have the faintest idea of what a real LA2A is made for or sounds like).

Quote:
Go for digitalfishphones, audiocation and variety of sound, which offer more Mojo for less CPU and everything is fine.
I played with Blockfish, very very colored so I had the fear it would destroy my mix a bit, and that I could overuse it as it sounds great
I also tried Density mKII, a little too complex for me at first, and buggy with reaper. (like epicverb, by the way). I have to use it in a "bridged" configuration.
Concerning the CPU, hm, on my system LostAngel consumes 50% less than DensityII

I guess I should really give Density II a try, but I am a bit lost, so many parameters... I just want some nice, slightly "colored", "warm" compression before entering Izotope OZone on my master buss.

I'll give AudioCation C1 a try if you recommend it. (I see it is coded by Budde, who is a reference I think)