View Single Post
Old 12-08-2017, 08:21 AM   #45
uncleswede
Human being with feelings

Strewth!! ... another variation of ashcat_it's excellent idea for a VCA Folder, courtesy of ericzang.... Here's his post

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...8&postcount=11

I've tested this and it seems to do everything that I want it to without doubling up on folder volume changes or having to use additional audio channels to route the FX sends

i.e. a FOLDER that:

- acts as a VCA
- has metering
- contains normal child tracks with easily understood Sends routing
- can have 'folder-level' FX applied to it

The secret is that any child tracks can send to "pass-through Send tracks" (within the folder), which are themselves routed to the actual FX Send tracks (outside the folder). These pass-through send tracks have post-fade sends to the real FX Send tracks and have their Parent Send disabled.

Importantly these pass-through send tracks are VCA slaves to the folder, which is itself, of course, the VCA master.

The child tracks are simply just that - audio or VST tracks with their Parent Send checkbox enabled. Critically the child tracks are not VCA slaves.

Thus, reducing the folder fader turns down both any child tracks and the pass-through send tracks, thanks to the VCA relationship. But, because the pass-through sends do not contribute to the folder audio, there is no 'doubling' of volume changes.

I'm doing a quick video demonstrating this. I'll post that shortly

Brilliant :-)

Much kudos to EricZang and Ashcat_IT and Tod.
Bravo Reaper!
uncleswede is offline   Reply With Quote