View Single Post
Old 11-14-2021, 12:55 PM   #110
tweed
Human being with feelings

EDIT ADDED: WOW, just noticed there's several themes!
Options / Default Menu:Main options (at bottom of list) / Themes

-------------

NICE lexaproductions!!

on LIVECONFIGS - I went way deep several years ago.(would need to think and try stuff again to remember)

I stopped for a long while trying to perfect a LIVECONFIGS for my needs,, as i got stuck on making an Arduino Footswitch.
AND, couldn't decide, technically, whether to use tabs (all in one instance) or two instances of REAPER.

One of the tests though... was using two instances of REAPER. one instance for the backing tracks and one instance for the LIVECONFIGS switching of live inputs and playing stuff through REAPER.

LIVECONFIGS: ~> microphone inputs - guitar inputs - playing VST keyboard instruments - basically the whole band playing through REAPER.

With everything able to change by auto-loading track templates. (my choice of methods)

Also, saving track templates (with simple setable key command) was a very creative way to create playable sounds without having to fuss with anything other than creating sounds FAST (then just quickly save a track-template of however many instrument tracks crated the sound).

Then, later, they can be laid out in LIVECONFIGS list and kinda, 'location memorized' then. Making creating sounds free from having to think about organizing them.

BACK TO REALIVE:

Using LIVE-CONFIGS within REALIVE -- I guess, would require a TAB being available that was separate from the automatic layout stuff that happens when a new tab is created in REALIVE.

For my tests (which may LIKELY result in totally wanting to leave REALIVE untouched by LIVECONFIGS. a LIVECONFIGS instance of REAPER probably more logical MAYBE - i guess there's a simply question.

QUESTION: Is it easy somehow to add a tab in REALIVE that's NOT connected to the automatic stuff that happens when we use menu item, "NEW PROJECT TAB"

It's getting very interesting with REALIVE - I have taken a look at the REALIVE actions list by searching for 'REALIVE' in the Actions list (F12)- I was SPEECHLESS !!!! heh-heh

P.S. I NOW use and like/appreciate the REALIVE theme you're using -- The minimalist look of the track list options (pan, volume, routing icon etc.) They all layout super nicely, all in one long thin line when track list widened!

I'll keep happily trying stuff... tons to look into and try with REALIVE alone... no rush at all with me - enJOY weekend...!

best wishes to all.

Last edited by tweed; 11-14-2021 at 02:19 PM.
tweed is offline   Reply With Quote