View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 06:17 PM   #66
Stringer
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwreck View Post
People were saying the same things with Vista - I mean, many people had problems with it, and those complaints were largely blown off. And it was the same when 98/ME came out. But it seems that the intensity of denial of problems for Windows 10 has increased exponentially over previous bad versions of Windows.

At this point, I'm questioning the future of Windows, as Microsoft seems to be becoming more pushy (with a corporate sort of smile) against what users feel is unacceptable. I guess we'll see what things look like in a few years, but the whole thing has turned me off of Microsoft.
I agree, except that I think Microsoft will do fine. They fired most of their testing engineers last year. What they really care about is enterprise, and individual users are now pretty much beta testers for enterprise. That is why it is free.

They do seem to be screwing up their phone business. However, I don't really care about Microsoft anymore. Eventually, I'll get Reaper running on Linux or if I can't get it to run acceptably, I will get a Mac for music.