View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #146
MJFarmermac
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
You can ask the picture department to produce ten seconds with timecode in front of a black frame for example. Tell them you've got problems with the video they've provided and you need to trouble-shoot it with the DAW developer. Generating that kind of video takes two minutes for veteran picture assistants. It has to use the same export settings they used for your previous video. Emphazise that.

And who knows, maybe they'll have an idea what the problem might be as well and send you different video versions.
I'll see if they can send me a short black frame vid. In the meantime, I'll get the film inspector info (as soon as I get home, at which point I'm guessing you'll be asleep with the sun being on the other side of the Earth and all). The vid department has no idea what the problem is, although I'm guessing they think it's because they have mighty Macs and I have a lowly PC- the PCs are always the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
Btw, what are your system specs(mainboard, CPU, RAM, GFX card, gfx card driver version, audio device) ?
Some of those specs are in my signature, but here's the Full Monty:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2600K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/8MB L3 Cache)
RAM: 16 GB DDR3-1600 Memory
Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB - Single Card
Video Driver version: 296.10
Motherboard: [SLI] ASUS P8Z68-V Pro -- 3x PCI-E 2.0 x16, On-Board Bluetooth, Lucid Virtu Technology
Primary Hard Drive: 60 GB Corsair Force Series 3 F60 SSD SATA-III 6Gb/s - Single Drive
Data Hard Drive: 2 TB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Dual 2TB Drives(2TB Capacity) - RAID 1 Data Security (Hitachi 0f12115)
Sound Card (schwag): 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard
No, I mean your real Sound Card: Mackie Onyx 1640 firewire
Network Card: Killer Xeno Pro Gaming Network Card
OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium + Office Starter 2010 (Includes basic versions of Word and Excel) - 64-Bit

I'll check out the Avid tips. Thanks for feeling my pain!