View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 04:19 PM   #28
Bob Headroom
Human being with feelings

I didn't end up installing HDD guardian because it needed .NET Framework 4. I can't for the life of me remember why exactly, but I remember quite some time ago deciding not to install that when some other program needed it. HD Tune and WD Data LifeGuard Diagnostics both have SMART reports, and the latter also does an Extended test which I am now running. Will that suffice or is there still something HDD Guardian does which these two don't?

@karbomusic - your previous questions. I am running AVG Free for my AV. It is up to date. I also tried disabling all of the Chrome extensions I use but the crash still happened the same. I wonder if I should try installing Chrome completely and then re-installing it from scratch? One thing I did see is that Chrome has updated a couple of times this month and that has got me to wondering whether one of the recent updates is causing the problem. I've not been able to find anywhere yet though from where I can download previous versions of Chrome. I'll take another look tomorrow. That being said, I'm no expert (as I'm sure you've gathered) and me wondering whether a Chrome update could be the cause of all this could well be short sighted and/or naive. It's just that the crash is so tied in with Chrome, and the PC does not crash when opening those same pages in my old version of Opera. If I can't find an older version of Chrome to download, and if you guys think it is remotely possible that the Chrome update could be the problem, perhaps I should install another browser and use that for now and see if I get any more crashes...?

All that being said, I have saved the App and Sys logs as CSV as requested and perhaps that will shed some new light onto this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5T...ew?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5T...ew?usp=sharing

I'm going to have to wimp out and get some sleep now but will be back in the morrow.

Thanks a trillion for all this. It really is ultra kind...
Bob Headroom is offline   Reply With Quote