View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 06:45 AM   #187
Luster
Human being with feelings

+1

It would be cool when the values (feedback) would also be sent when you open up a mapped vst plugin. Example:
All my standard use case plugins are mapped to my BCR2000. So when I open up the plugin window I have always the same knobs at same spot (e.g. compressor threshold...). Switching from plugin to plugin you can mix with that really well. But the LED rings around the encoders are useless. Right now I mapped them in relative mode so I got no parameter jumps but with MIDI feedback they could tell me the actual value of the current plugin open so I don't have to look on the screen to see what is set. It would also help with remembering the mapping. E.g. when you open up an EQ and have a 3 rows of bands and a HP and LP you can immediately distinguish the bands from the filters just by seeing there default values (middle vs. outer bounds).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Slightly different translates to enormously more complex.
You mean Geoff' project is more complex? For sure. I remember using MIDI feedback with Reason 2.0 and an old Remote25. Nothing complex in sending some values out when they change internally. My suggestion above isn't that much more but would workflow wise help enormous.
Luster is offline   Reply With Quote