View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 12:32 PM   #7045
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexeu View Post
Yes you got it right. I was trying to distribute space evenly to the groups of controls. I thought the feature is very similar to illustrator and photoshop so I thought it might work.
It's not really something I've thought of or needed - hence I've not added it.

I would say it's still pretty easy to align groups as you need manually - when you highlight a group - the top/left most control should always align to the grid with the others staying relative to that control.

If you group all the controls as a strip (or they have been added as a strip) - you can select them easily (including any graphics selected as part of the strip) by holding shift and clicking on one of the controls (in FX/TRACK edit modes).

The selected control that has white corner highlights (as opposed to blue) will show it's position on the bar at the bottom - and you can nudge selected controls about by holding shift and using arrow keys. You can change the white corner highlighted control within a selection by clicking on it.

So although it doesn't allow automatic distribution of grouped controls - there are various mechanisms there to help to align them manually.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote