View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 02:44 AM   #1
Roger Mallison
Human being with feelings

Default I think this is a problem in Musical Notation

If Four Notes are entered into Musical Notation in 4/4 time and beamed as two groups of four in the Bass Clef with C4 entered into both groups. When the page is closed the C4'S ARE MOVED TO THE TREBLE CLEF. This was taken from a commercial score and is played on a piano WITH C4 IN THE Bass Clef AND C5 in the Treble Clef. It Doesn't happen if single quarter length notes are enter into Musical Notation generally but sometimes.

I have uploaded attachments and saved them to the file, Only C4 is correct from a musical point I've just entered other notes to show what happens when C4 is placed in the Bass Clef. if the Musical Notation is switched to Piano Roll the issue arises or if Reaper is completely closed this will occur, suggest you put some note with C4 into Musical Notation in the Bass Clef and see the results. I've checked by just closing Reaper and the fault arises also. What Reaper appears to doing is making a decision on how C4 is played, and that's with the right hand on a Piano, in this case it's played with the Left Hand and C5 played with the right in the Score. I've Ticked the Automatically Save Modified File When Closed, so it should save the alterations.I am writing directly into the Musical Notation.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Reaper Before Closing.gif (19.1 KB, 326 views)
File Type: gif After Closing.gif (19.2 KB, 296 views)

Last edited by Roger Mallison; 06-29-2020 at 08:03 PM. Reason: showing how to create the fault
Roger Mallison is offline   Reply With Quote