View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 10:59 AM   #21
genBTC
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Kennedy View Post
Ben,

Saw your post and got some hope that I'm just blubbering in the wilderness and like you said, everything is seamless using the mod wheel pitch shift function. By the landslide response I've gotten over the years, the bug may not exist outside of something I've fukd up, either in my head or on my local system.

Can you or others hopefully prove me dead wrong by testing this.

Load a synth downstream from ReaControlMidi.

Adjust the pitch shift to anything outside 440.

Engage metronome for record with a 2 measure count in, record and see if the pitch shift is preserved upon playback.

In the current 5 beta, also hopefully negate my claim that simply resetting the curser to the beginning of a track also negates any pitch shift data.

Then I can move on. Reaper is okay. Problem is with me.

Thanks,
John
It seems that when you start transport exactly at the beginning or in the middle of a midi clip, Reaper force-springs the imaginary pitch wheel (regardless of if theres a synth on there or not) back to 0. So for a workaround - begin transport BEFORE the exact midi clip thats being shifted. Obviously this is not good if your desired pitch shift is at the beginning of the project but you can do it by zooming in and modifying the clip's edge...

Pitch Shift always wants to begin at 0, I dont know why it tries so hard but it does. (maybe the old "its not a bug its a feature"). The other CC params arent affected like this. So if you want to use ReaControlMidi , the envelope has to begin at 0, then fluctuate to the desired position so it can move the spring off of 0 and needs to be a different value to send any CC data. Then it will activate the right pitch shift.
Also make sure you turn off "Touch/write/latch" or every-time you move the edit cursor, it will insert a dot at 0 in your pitch-shift envelope. This also goes for stopping recording with touch/write/latch on (but if you turn it off before you stop recording, it can't do it...)

This is beginning to seem like a real issue.

Last edited by genBTC; 02-24-2015 at 12:08 PM.
genBTC is offline   Reply With Quote