View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 05:56 PM   #88
tack
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by typewriter View Post
However for working with smaller libraries - like Spitfire Libs - that work with keyswitching within a single track / VSTI instance one map per each VSTi instance would make sense - since VSTIs using keyswitches have only a limited number of keyswitches.
I don't think the expression mapping need concern itself with which VSTi instances are handling which articulations. It's entirely MIDI routing at that point. Whether you have multiple VSTi instances or just one should be transparent to articulation management. If you want a separate Kontakt instance to handle, say, decorative articulations then you can drop them on channel 2 and build your articulation map accordingly. Or you can put them all in one Kontakt instance. It shouldn't really matter to the expression map.

Although, in the case of Spitfire, the most obvious way to set these up is to set the patches to use UACC, and have the expression map send CC 32 values. Then you can drop all the patches on the same MIDI channel if you want. (That's what I do. And I use separate MIDI channels only as needed for ad hoc layering, e.g. divisi writing.)

Last edited by tack; 01-02-2017 at 06:01 PM.
tack is offline   Reply With Quote