View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 08:44 AM   #118
johnrule
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolman View Post
what would be nice is to have the actual tracknames (list)as arm buttons.
I will try to figure out the 2-way feedback and metronome volume now
The track names are part of the packet that is sent back with "TRACK", so it is possible to do more parsing in the JavaScript rather than in the RTE to add this feature. You could, of course, simply change the label of the button to the track name, but that would be fixed.

The two-way feedback does seem touchy, but I think it is because I have 'onmousedown' and 'onmouseup' handlers for each image by default (although the transport seems to work fine - maybe it is a parsing/timing issue?). You can delete these to get better consistency because the updating from JavaScript will take care of the highlighting.

To trigger the feedback for each track you use the "TRACK" command:
Code:
SEND.STRING("", "TRACK/1;TRANSPORT;", 0);
This sends back everything about track 1 (including names). I think you need the "TRANSPORT" command at the end to actually get Reaper to 'queue' the string and send it back immediately.

In terms of the metronome, I looked through the source code for Justin's interface and I do not see a specific command for this. I do get the impression that this is done through midi and CC control. In order to trigger midi from a web page you would have to send things to the RTE server (which uses a different port than Reaper - so you can have both running) and send commands into Reaper (or anywhere else for that matter). You will need the version I just uploaded to my website (or the updater) as it has some changes to make this easier.
johnrule is offline   Reply With Quote