View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 02:35 PM   #1
Jackinthebox
Human being with feelings

Default Issues with UR824 and Reaper

Hi guys

So this is actually my first post in the Reaper forum although I've been a user for a couple of years. Generally I do not post much in forums but at this point I'm in need of serious help from some of you guys. I know there's alot of you with great amounts of experience so hopefully you can help me out.

If this is not the place for this post or there is someone like this already on this forum, I apologize but I am at a loss here and Steinbergs forum hasn't been of any help (surprise!).

So here goes. So I bought the Steinberg UR824 a couple of weeks ago. Before this, I used the Behringer U-Phoria 1820 UMC but I have wanted to upgrade for awhile now. I heard alot of great things about the pres and the dspMixFx was an added bonus. I use alot of outboard gear when I mix and I like the workflow and how easy it is with Reaper.

But now I'm slowly regretting my choice as I can't get my outputs from the UR824 to send out from Reaper to my outboard gear without getting a terrible feedback. On the UMC it worked flawlessly even though I sometimes used all of the outs. I've used outboard gear in Reaper hundreds of times this way for years without any issues. Now, I can't even send a kick track out to a compressor and back onto another channel in Reaper without running in to problems.

I've read the manual five times but still no help so now I turn to you guys for help. Does anybody recognize this issue or does someone know what to do and how to fix it? I've worked hybrid for some time now and thought this was going to be a walk in the park but sadly it has not been anything like it.

If somebody could help me or point me in the right direction I would be very thankful?

Kind regards
Lasse
Jackinthebox is offline   Reply With Quote