View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 08:09 AM   #101
TPerry
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlimbic View Post
Yes it will convert. In fact, it can't reconform something that it didn't convert in the first place (it needs to embed information in the REAPER item notes that is later used for reconform).

There are two methods:

* Team mode - you work with regularly with the same editor(s). This requires running VORDIO on the picture edit machine (or your machine with the picture edit drive plugged into your machine with same drive mapping). This will copy/transcode all media and pack it up into a self contained REAPER project. This is the most convenient method but it does require more cooperation with the picture editor.

* Non team mode (for this just turn off copy & transcode options) - This will require you receive the audio media separately from the XML, then when you open REAPER you use 'search missing media' to relink it all to the media.
Woh.. Thats really cool. Amazing job thanks for all the work creating and editing Vordio.

One last question:

Imagine that the editors start the montage in Adobe Premiere and I've already re-conformed my reaper project several times. But, for some weird reason, they decide to bring another editor to the team, but he edits in FCP7 or X. I would have to convert again first, then re-conform if necessary.. Correct???

And thanks again for the hard work
TPerry is offline   Reply With Quote