View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 01:17 PM   #114
JohnnyMcFly
Human being with feelings

Yeah it is up on CPU on our system here by about 3%, on everyone else's that would work out to be probably somewhere around .2% and yes I worked on getting the resource usage down and I still am working on that. I would expect to see some further usage drop before release as well as I have just started another round of optimizations.

PRS, I really wish I still had a P4 2.4GHZ machine. Shred was initially created on one but with only 768 mb ram. Ours finally died and we could only find a 3 Ghz machine with one Gig of ram. So I am at a loss as to say whether it should be running like that or not. I have had no luck in recreating that error at all whatsoever..I am certainly not saying that it does not exist, I completely believe you, I just have no haystack from which to find the needle. Could it be a slow machine, or does the nature of it make you feel like its something else?

I am going to create a new build and still go with the release. Its time to get this out into the wild and really give it a testing. After all guys we can't forget that Shred 1.5x is the basis of Shred 2.0, as such it can be thought of as a beta for Shred 2.0. The best testing you can ever get is when you release a software and 45,000 people are running it. If there is a flaw(and there always will be), it will be reported.

KM
EDIT: I don't know why that double posted?...Sorry guys