View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 06:43 AM   #44
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
I don't think what you talk about can be easily fixed, or even at all, especially since Reaper supports using files with varying sample rates within the same project. It is what it is.

You have the option to snap to project sample rate (in Snap/Grid Settings), you should be using it. You can also force the selection to be a multiple of the grid, or the framerate grid, which should also be helpful to an extent.
^Aye,this is all very well and fair advice-maybe them settings could be defaulted instead?
In my little bubbleworld-it's all simplez-- items detect particular item such as video-all edge edits then default to uniform snap to minimum frame rate\/\/ wether snap is enabled or not.

The project sample rate dictates audio currently- and resamples any other higher or lower sample rate medias on the fly- so I guess a lot of the actual arrangement waveform graphic views are not to be 'trusted'-- they serve only as a visual guide to audio anyway,or not?
Some of the sample points preference >views< may need attention also/buggy on zooms etc are some.

Just seems rather odd to be intersample editing-the timeline is using millisecs so markers can be placed all over the place without a user being fully aware of 'proper timebased/timeline placements' when zoomed far away/out.
These things only become noticeable at max zoom settings.or if info is inspected in detail..
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote