View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 06:31 AM   #36
TonE
Human being with feelings

I think Filther is the perfect fx to play with X360 controller, via joyosc and oscii-bot, see https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=206796

Any ideas for mapping parameters and ranges are welcome, with or without ReaLearn, I will post my experiences here, videos, mappings, track templates, so everyone could use same setup, as all is free: Filther, joyosc, oscii-bot, except X360 or any other game joystick/controller. We could share here one user and two user setups, those would be then a different type of 'audio games' using one or two joysticks. Converting an X360 to a monster Filther controller.

Another point. What are best ways of analyzing filters, visually, for checking their 'quality' if there is any such measure. Which scientific and non-scientific methods are known and used in practice? For example, if I would want to compare all the filters available in Filther, which would be possible ways? The goal would be kind of being able to design new filters based on those insights, taking various elements of those filters, combining their 'best parts', if possible. Or just experimenting with new ideas. One such idea would be trying to design it so, it sounds always good, or excluding those ranges which are 'more troublesome', so even if you would go wild on an X360 controller, the result would behave still controlled and nicely, I guess one of Moogs tricks was making his instruments/parameters sound always good, or? Never owned any Moog, just guessing.

Last edited by TonE; 12-08-2018 at 06:38 AM.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote