View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 10:03 AM   #25
Sound asleep
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMusic View Post
One thing to be careful of when looping audio items is to make sure there is a zero crossing at the loop points (which would be at the beginning and then end of the primary loop. The problem with just trimming and gluing is that gluing does not render the fades at the start and the end of the loop. Then when you drag the loop out, you also drag the end fade. So without a zero crossing you get a small pop at loop transition. One thing you can do to create a zero crossing is to render the item with fades intact. I usually do this by the "Apply track FX to items as new take" action.

Would be nice though to have some option to render the item fades with just gluing.

Regards,

DB
or what else would be nice is the action to slice at nearest zero crossing. there is one for nearest previous and nearest following, but none for closest period whether it be forward or backward.

but for me, i find crossfades actually do a good job of making this unnecessary for the most part. worst comes to worst just add a crossfade, but that said, i'd still rather have my slice tool always slice at nearest zero crossing, this can only be an improvement really. i can't think of a time where i wouldn't want that.
Sound asleep is offline   Reply With Quote