View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 08:54 AM   #68
goldenarpharazon
Human being with feelings

Great stuff. Well done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piszpan View Post
1. How will the navigation between knob banks look in the planned new release? Now we cycle between 3 banks, which is great, as it's very fast. However, cycling between 6 banks (I mean: pushing a button 5 times to move from bank B to A) would take too much time, in my opinion. I would rather like to stick with 72 virtual knobs than have to cycle thru 6 banks everytime.
That's answered in the Beryl release announcement post above. No more banks for that usability reason: simply press the solo key and turn a knob at the same time. That turns every knob into two knobs since soft takeover makes the knob duality usable.

Quote:
2. Now, Master, please teach me how to make buttons functional in instrument mode.
Grasshopper: you should have the confidence to see how the 16 buttons currently work, or at least where their code is to start to tinker or meditate and think...

To give more specific guiding help there needs to be a target function for the button choosing from
- Toggle on subsequent presses?
- Momentary?
- Connnected to a reaper action, a Reaper OSC function or generically mappable like a knob?
- For advanced use, with more code, the mute and rec arms could even light up or flash.....

Quote:
(BTW: Can I set the instrument mode as a default start up mode?)
See step #12 added in post #66 above.

Last edited by goldenarpharazon; 11-23-2017 at 07:18 AM.
goldenarpharazon is offline   Reply With Quote